Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Proposal

Last July Robbie went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant with his family. The Pageant is just over 2 weeks.... Luckily, I could look forward to joining him and his family in Palmyra to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant for the first time. I had absolutely no idea Robbie was even thinking about proposing, we hadn't even gone ring shopping. I was completely surprised. I just was focused on was getting through the 2 weeks of being in Utah while he was gone. I have never been so excited to see someone in my entire life.

Finally Friday came and I flew in to NY where Robbie and his Dad met me at the airport. Friday and Saturday I was able to watch the Pageant. It was incredible. I highly recommend anyone to go see it!

Sunday came and the Pageant was over. Robbie took me to all the Church History sites like Joseph Smith's house, where the Book of Mormon was first printed, the Sacred Grove, the Palmyra Temple etc.

When we returned back to our campsite, Robbie said he wanted to take me up to the top of the Hill Cumorah. I noticed he packed a mysterious back pack, but didn't think too much of it. We walked up there and watched the sunset. Randomly there was a cello player and about 20 young men from the cast singing hymns. Don't be mistaken, it was just a coincidence. After the sunset Robbie and I took a walk and star gazed. It was nice to have some alone time. It was starting to get late and COLD, so I told Robbie I was ready to go back. I thought we were headed back to the trailer, then Robbie started up another trail. I was not amused. I instantly started complaining.

"Robbie my feet are cold, It's dark,I can't see anything, lets go back, seriously my feet are cold!"

After a few more minutes of him pulling me along Robbie stopped turned and faced me placing his hands on my shoulders.

I knew right then that he was going to propose.

"Kelli...."(He got down on one knee)
I wish I could remember exactly everything he did say.


But I do remember him saying something to the effect:
"Kelli, I love you and I want to love and cherish you forever."

I couldn't stop giggling and laughing, not exactly what I imagined my initial reaction would be.

"YES!"


Many hugs
and
more kisses.


THE PROPOSAL




Minor details:

- He dropped the ring when he took it out of the box during his proposal. It was dark and we were in the middle of a forest on a hill. So after I said yes, we had to use the light of our cell phones to find it.

-He debated on whether or not to propose to me on the Hill Cumorah or Niagra Falls.

- The ring he proposed with was a ring that his mom gave him from Thailand. I loved it, and my real ring now looks similar to what it looked like.


Where we watched the sunset and listened to the boys sing hymns.
Just moments after he proposed. Not the best picture, sorry Robbie I had to put it up!
At the Palmyra Temple.The Sacred Grove

The Next day at Niagra Falls with Robbie's family.


Happily Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment