Saturday, April 3, 2010

ADDICT

So lately I have been going a little crazy with our home decor. Decorating has never been something that has particularly caught my interest. I have become an addict. When Robbie and I moved into our apartment in South Provo back in the first of November we probably lived a whole month without any furniture. Then finally we moved in my old bed set and a couple of free couches Robbie got for us, and then Robbie's parents gave us an old entertainment center that they were going to take to D.I. I was so busy adjusting to married life that all I did was fill a couple of pictures here and there and that is where the decorating stopped.



I can link my addiction directly back to last month when our home teacher came over. Our home teacher is a really friendly guy and probably did not mean to offend me by commenting, with a chuckle, how "empty and bare" our apartment was compared to the couple that lived there before us. That is where the flame was lit. AND I CANNOT STOP. I am an addict. I really never realized how addicting it was until I had a little taste of TARGET decor department and TAI PAN. I LOVE IT. I LOVE TARGET. I LOVE TAI PAN. I LOVE IT ALL. I saved most of our gift cards from our wedding, so I am proud to say that the renovation of our apartment cost us very little. But the problem will begin once we run out of our target gift cards. Which I think will be very soon at the rate I am going. But now much I now love our apartment is priceless.


There are still a few things that I would like to add. But for now, I am very satisfied at how our apartment looks. I added new couch pillows, painted some furniture, bought a wall hanging online, put up 3 sets of curtains, released our zebra couch, bought ottomans/coffee tables and added some magnificent little details on our entertainment center. Decorating our apartment has really made such a big difference to me, and I know Robbie loves it TOO! Our apartment (cheesy I know) finally feels like our little home.


I only have pictures of what our apartment used to look like. My camera broke last week. So hopefully soon I will either get it fixed so that I can post some pictures of how it looks now or you can just come over and see what it looks like!




To update you with everything else going on in our lives, Robbie and I are counting down until this semester is over. We are both working and going to school. Robbie works at BYU's "tool crib" he likes his job, but at times he says it gets pretty boring. This semester has been a hard one for Robbie, but he is determined to not be beaten! He is taking accounting, calculus, statistics, information systems and Pearl of Great Price. He studies hard and does really well in school along with working 20 hours a week.
Now that I have a job as a dental assistant, we get a pretty early start on our days. I work at College Dental and go to school at UVU. I am only taking two classes right now which are humanities and biology. Biology is a real killer (crossing my fingers I pass the class). In our ward we are nursery teachers, we actually like it a lot. That is basically our lives right now!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the after pictures! I am so excited you got those ottomans. Robbie told me your apartment is really cute. Maybe he didn't say "cute", but I can't remember. But he said you did a great job decorating it. Yeah!

    That picture of your apartment with your car on the side is priceless. You will love that picture for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see the after pictures. I remember the days of the gift cards, those were lifesavers. Can't wait to see it in person (hopefully this summer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished product of your decorating. Love that you have a blog so I can stay updated:) Happy day. Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete