Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Count Down

As of today I have 9 days left at Aveda. That is 2,000 hours of the last 18 months of my life has been spent at the Aveda Institute Provo. I can't believe it. I can't believe the end is so close. There have been so many days where I thought it would never be over. The last 300 hours have been the toughest. Longest. Days. Of. My. Life. Seriously. And yet, I don't really feel ready to leave. I know I have learned all I could at Aveda, the education was great. But man, the hair world is so big and scary. There are so many routes I could take and they would all take me different places. I am not sure what I want quite yet out of this career I have chosen. It's almost like starting over again. Like a blank piece of paper. I haven't even applied anywhere yet. But I'm not too concerned about getting a job, I am concerned about jumping into a job that I will hate. I know I love doing hair, but I am scared to get into a real salon with real stylists. What if I'm too slow? What if I don't like the girls I work with? What if I ruin someone's hair? What if I have a question? What if they hate me, or they talk behind my back?

Right now, I am trying to just get through the next 2 weeks of school. Maybe try to enjoy it? Because I know I am going to miss it. BIG TIME. I really have loved being in hair school. It's been the most craziest/hardest/funnest thing I have ever done. The friendships I have formed have made hair school bearable and are what I will miss the most. Out of the 20 students that started with me on April 20, 2011 only 9 of us have stayed through til the end. I would have NEVER met these people except through Aveda. I hope we stay close. But something tells me it will never be the same. Hair school is what bonded us together. I really wish the best for all of them.

Life is going to change soon for us and I can feel it.  It feels good, it feels right. Robbie just started his last semester of school. I've been waiting for this last semester for forever it feels like. I am so anxious to see what is ahead for us. It could be nothing or it could be something big. I'm 50/50. I want change and I'm terrified of change. So either way I'm going to be sad. I'll be sad if we stay, I'll be sad if we go. But I know I'm not alone.

I'm so grateful for this time in our lives. Everyone says it is the best time of our lives. Robbie and I are still able to live with so much freedom. We love it. We can do practically anything we want when we want. We've spent the last almost 3{!} years being poor-married-students and we've survived! It's been quite the journey so far. Lots of ups and downs. I wouldn't take back a thing. Robbie has definitely been my rock. So grateful for this time we've had to learn and grow.

Sorry for the ramble. Thanks for reading and caring.

9 days!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Kelli! So exciting you'll be done in 9 days! I'm excited for you guys to only have a few months left before starting "real life" after schooling...it's been awesome for us so far! You two are so stinkin' cute! Hope it all works out for the best for you! <3 ya!

    -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe it is already over! I am so excited for you. And I'm so excited and anxious to know what is next for you guys! It's like I'm waiting to hear you read your mission call and find out where you are going. :) Have a great 9 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear what you end up doing. You will do so great wherever you go to do hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this blog! You two are amazing and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys as well. Whatever it is, I know it will be something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete