Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Passed

So today might have been the most nerve-wracking day of my life. I am ecstatic to announce that I passed both my written and practical state boards for cosmetology. I was having the nervous stomach aches for at least 2 weeks prior to taking my practical test and I did not sleep a wink last night. Today I took my practical which is basically a timed 4 hour test where you are tested on doing a perm, women's cut, color, men's shave, facial, sculpted nail, thermal curl, men's cut, and client protection. Basically it's scary. Only 6 people can take the test at once and the examiners watch your every move and they check all your work. Man, it's intimidating. But I survived and I passed which is all that matters! YAHOOOO! Now I just got like 250ish hours left until I am done which is roughly 30 days at school.  I'm also considering doing the master esthetic program after I finish cosmetology. I'm having a rough time deciding. The thought of more school kills me right now. But it would be so worth it in the end. We'll see I suppose. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! And about the master esthetic program, I say-- Go for the gold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! I'm do glad the stress is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! What an accomplishment!! We are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete