Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blogging

My name is Robbie, Kelli's husband. I'm planning on also participating in our blog from time to time. In doing so I realize that the view on guys blogging is that...it's a bit gay or homo. Although in many ways this is true, however, I have a couple of good excuses for participating on this blog. 1. In the church we are commanded to keep a journal. This has always been hard for me, I can't write fast, I blame this cause when I was in second grade I learned cursive and then I stuck with that out of obedience and then by the time I realized (my senior year of highschool) that it was a slower, more primitive way to write, it was too late, I had become permantley a slow cursive writer. And then keeping journals on the computer in a word file or emails seems impersonal. So a blog is a perfect solution, I have a feeling that if my man Wilford W. would have lived in our day, he would have been a huge blogger, so he's a good example to follow. 2. Every month general authorities write to the ensign, submitting stories, pictures, and thoughts for the month. This is basically a blog post printed out onto a magazine. As I prepare myself to become one, I better start practicing my messages with a blog. Fake it till you make it. Basically, the real message they are sending every moneth is: people who make it to the Celestial Kingdom will be bloggers....joking...but, seriously. 3. My wife asked me too.
And there you have it, I'll blog.

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy you'll be blogging, Rob! I think your reasons are great.

    You better be careful, though, or I'm afraid you'll offend your gay and lesbian readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging worlds Matthews!! Looking forward to more posts about your adventures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Robbie. I am glad that you were able to rationalize blogging to yourself and come to accept the true purpose of it. Jamis enjoys blogging as well and I wouldn't describe his as gay or a homo.

    ReplyDelete