Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tooth Ache?

Today I got a job. Completely unexpected, but completely fantastic.


I am now officially a paid dental assistant.





In January I started a 12 week program at The College of Dental Hygiene to become a dental assistant. I mostly became interested in dental assisting because they can make up to $17+ dollars an hour. I certainly don't start out at that much, but maybe someday. I am really excited, but really nervous. It's a huge learning curve. Being trained as a dental assistant was definietly harder than I expected. But it has been a long time coming. And I am excited to actually make more than a lousy $7.50 an hour! I think I might be a little too excited. I am sure it will wear off as I continuously stick my fingers inside other people's mouths. But as for now, I love it.

7 comments:

  1. yay!!! congrats, i'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that school cause I am trying to go into dental assisting also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you didn't tell me last night at yoga!!! Come on now when I ask how is your life you answer with guess what I just got a job...it is a pretty big deal! We will just have to do another lunch asap so you can tell me all about the job and how it came to pass! love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! i'm glad it worked out for you and you were able to find a job so quickly! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome Kelli! I had no idea that you were doing that program. I knew you were in school but I guess I fail to ask for what. Silly me! I am so excited for you, you will be awesome at it. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I wish you were the Dental Assistant at my dentist. You are so friendly and happy, the people will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! I am super excited. It's called UDCH, Utah Dental College of Hygiene. It's a really great program, you should try to go! Its right by UVU.

    ReplyDelete